Didn’t really use any one specific source, but rather a mash-up of several. I try to keep my recipes simple and straightforward with minimal ingredients!
Rick Mammana – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqr3WI7IxcM&t=973s
Chef Tips – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oltFEuuJFMg
Taste and Tell – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XkhjuOANdY
No Bun Please – http://nobunplease.com/chipotle-barbacoa-copycat/
- 3.5 lb beef chuck cut
- 1 package of Frontera Barbacoa marinade
- 2 cups of water
- 1 medium red onion
Notes: Super easy to make! I mostly followed the directions on the Frontera packaging and then cooked in the Instant Pot on manual for 65 minutes.
- Prep your beef chuck and onions. Cut the beef chuck into 2″ cubes and lightly season with salt and pepper, then set aside. The beef chunks doesn’t have to be precise. Thinly slice the red onions and set aside also.
- Oil the bottom of the Instant Pot pan and set the Instant Pot to saute.
- Add the onions and slightly saute.
- Add the beef cubes to the Instant Pot also and allow the cubes to lightly brown.
- After all the beef cubes are browned, give the onion/beef cube mixture a nice mix.
- Add the 1 package of Frontera Barbacoa marinade and 2 cups of water. Make sure that the two are well mixed. You can do this in a separate bowl, but I chose to mix it in the Instant Pot to avoid cleaning another bowl.
- Cook on Manual for 65 minutes. After cooking, do a pressure Quick Release.
- Remove all the cubes, then shred. The cubes should be really easy to shred. If they aren’t, you might need to cook them a little longer. Return the shredded beef to the marinade.
- For best flavor, allow the shredded beef to soak in the marinade for several more hours using the Keep Warm function on the Instant Pot.