Macaroni and Cheese
- 1 lb of pasta – I used elbow macaroni. Note: The boxes of pasta at the store are usually 380grams (3/4 of lb). I think there’s a pasta/water ratio you need to adhere to so that you don’t have excess liquid after cooking the pasta.
- 4 cups of water
- 2 cups of shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup of shredded Monterrey Jack cheese (The Cheddar/Monterrey Jack combo offers a creamier and smoother Mac n’ Cheese flavor)
- 1 cup of half and half milk
- 2 Tbsp of Butter
- Dried oregano
- Dried mustard
- 4 cups of water, 1 lb of pasta, some salt (1 or 2 tsp), and some dried mustard (1 tsp) goes into the Instant Pot. Cook on Manual for 4 minutes with the valve set to Sealing. Quick Release (QR) the valve when cooking is finished.
- Mix in half-and-half, butter, and shredded cheese into pasta. Folding in ingredients a little at a time makes things easier
- Add salt, pepper, oregano, or other to taste.
- Try adding hot sauce for a kick in flavor
- Try different cheese combinations to find a combo that works for you
- Adhere to the 4 cups of water to 1 lb of pasta ratio to avoid excess water.
- Cheddar/Monterrey Jack cheese offers a smoother and creamy flavor